Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Never would have thought...

So you know that person who always appears to get everything that they ever dream & wish for? Apparently I tend to appear to be one of those lucky ones. For example : when I returned to work after having my son, I thought that the smartest thing to do would be to step out of my waitress box & find a job where the paycheck was nice & steady. Anyone who has ever been a server knows very well that anything from the weather to the day of the week can & usually will alter how much money you will make in your tips for the day. So, I applied for a job at a 4 diamond resort style hotel & spa for the front desk representative position. This was the very first application I put out there & whereas I had no experience whatsoever in a hotel I was as excited as a 5 year old at Chuck E. Cheese when I received the "You're hired!" call.

What's funny is I never wasted much thought on the jokes I heard for the first couple of weeks. My fellow employees would say with a small chuckle, "You're still here! That's a good sign!" What I should have realized is that those words were a bad sign. Later on I heard stories of the turnovers they experienced, where people left for their break & never came back. I still tried to leave those stories in the dust... but now, almost 6 months later... now that I have realized I'm doing way much more work for about as much pay a week that I could be making daily in a restaurant, dealing with sleep loss from all the stress, dealing with more drama than MTV's Jersey Shore... now I realize...

I should have been a waitress.

*sigh*
So, moral of the story... be careful what you wish for & to those who are on the "unlucky" side of the spectrum... well gee,wouldn't you know- we're all unlucky! =) haha

w/ LOVE♥

No comments: